Four decades ago, an enterprising scientist from Southern India began his journey of disrupting and redefining the landscape of the nation’s chemical industry. Equipped with modest means and a grand vision, J. Vijayakumar set out on a journey to produce high-quality, affordable, and indigenous products for the local industries. Thus, Anabond was born, a trademark and a trustworthy name in the chemical industry since 1979.
Anabond is a pioneer and a trendsetter for the chemical industry across the country. Our expertise spans anaerobic, silicone, polymer, epoxy, polyurethane, and related chemical technologies. We were the first to manufacture anaerobic adhesives in the country. The reliable manufacturing quality helped Anabond establish itself as an import substitute.
Anabond is a pioneer
for the chemical industry
across the country.
Within one year of intensive research and development our first product, Permaloc TP, was adopted by Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL). Permaloc is now synonymous with anaerobic grade adhesives in the market.
Through a steadfast commitment to quality, reliability, and innovation, Anabond became a trusted partner and expert in providing critical bonding and sealing solutions to businesses across the country. The company accelerated growth following the installation of the first manufacturing unit and office at Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai. Anabond expanded its horizons to other industrial grade products by becoming a partnership company and starting a sister concern, Darien Electric. The company swiftly expanded its footprint via setting up offices in Bangalore and Coimbatore, and a manufacturing unit in Pondicherry within five years of inception.
Today, Anabond has 16 branches, 10 manufacturing units, a pan-India network of 350+ dealers and an extensive portfolio of 1500+ products. A trusted partner that delivers consistent quality with ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 certification. We also demonstrate our commitment to environment management with ISO 14001:2015 certification. We are constantly evolving and guided by a vision of rebirth and diversification and are gearing up to celebrate our golden jubilee.
Milestones through the years
- Anabond Corporation (Proprietorship ) was formed to do research on Anaerobic Adhesives and sealants.
- The first anaerobic grade Permaloc TP was approved at BHEL.
- Office & manufacturing unit established at Type II, Dr. V.S.I Estate, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai, India.
- Anabond Corporation became a Partnership firm with three partners.
- Darien Electric, an associate company was started.
- Anabond started supplying to Railways.
- Registered as a private limited company with registered office at Pondicherry.
- Silicone sealant manufacturing unit inaugurated.
- Anabond started its first branches at Coimbatore and Bangalore.
- Corporate office inaugurated at 3A, Adyar Bridge road, Chennai, India.
- Commenced supply to the Indian Navy.
- Commenced supply to the Indian Space and Research Organisation (ISRO)
- Anabond purchased its first factory site at Thirubhuvanai, Pondicherry (Location of the factory).
- Pondicherry factory inaugurated with capacity of 22 tons per month.
- First Exports division flagged off.
- Anabond Pvt. Ltd . became a deemed public limited company.
- Coatings division started.
- Illalur Production facility established.
- Anabond Pondicherry plant certified with ISO / TS 16949.
- Anabond Limited became a public limited company.
- Anabond Foundation registered as a Trust to further the cause of education.
- Ezhichur Production plant established.
- MEPZ Production Plant established.
- Formally joined hands with Stedman Pharmaceuticals to mark our foray into medical equipment. Anabond Stedman Pharma Research Pvt. Ltd. was born.
- Meghalaya production plant established.
- Corporate office at Thiruvanmyur, Chennai inaugurated.
- Registered office of the company shifted from Pondicherry to Tamil Nadu.
- Anabond HS Butyl established as a joint venture with HS Butyl of UK.
- Assam production plant established.
- Meghalaya production unit merged with Assam.
- Anabond Stedman Pharma Research Pvt. Ltd. started in collaboration with Stedman Pharmaceuticals to mark our foray into medical equipment.
- Darien Electric merges with Anabond.
- Anabond Applied Research Projects Pvt. Ltd. started for focus on research projects.