Polysulphide is an elastomer that is widely used as a sealant in construction and road works. It can also be used as an adhesive in some applications.
It is used for sealing expansion joints where large movements are expected and for joints between diverse construction materials. It is suitable for sealing joints subjected to vehicular traffic and is chemically resistant to water, fuels, oils, and solvents.
Exhibits excellent elastic behaviour at sub-zero temperatures (upto -40 °C)
Polysulphide polymer results from the polycondensation of bis-(2- chloroethyl-) formal with alkali polysulfide.
Sealing of expansion and contraction joints.
Jointing applications in concrete roads, bridges, subways, flyovers & airport runways.
Chemical curing. Oxidative curing.
The liquid polysulfide are polymers of bis (ethylene oxy) methane containing di sulfide linkages terminated with mercaptan groups. When polymerized by mixing with an oxdizing agent, water is produced.
Setting time: 30 to 360 mins
Full strength: 7 days
Two component non-sag gun grade
Two component self-levelling pourable grade
01. Non-staining; colourfast
02. Maintains appearance for long term
03. Easy to gun and tool
04. Highly resilient with excellent recovery characteristics and thermal flexibility
05. Capable of ± 25% joint movement
06. Expands and contracts with building movement
07. Waterproof – withstands constant water immersion
08. Excellent UV resistance and weatherability.
09. Excellent resistance to a wide range of chemicals.
10. Better adhesion to construction substrates.
11.Good adhesion to concrete
12.Excellent fuel resistance
13.Excellent elastomeric properties
-40 °C to +80 °C
5 °C to 45 °C
01. Long curing system
02. Primers are required for porous substrates to achieve better adhesion
1 kg and 4 kg tins
Store in a cool, dry place, away from heat.
Safe to transport by road, air and sea